One of the most effective ways is to do a monthly audit of all the keywords for which you are losing traffic and optimize target pages for those keywords.
Here is how to quickly find all the keywords that require your immediate attention:
1. Login or signup to MonitLabs. Everything described below is possible with our 1-year free plan (no CC required!)
2. If you have not done so already, connect your Google Search Console account with MonitLabs. It will take you 30 seconds (4 clicks).
3. Navigate to GSC Reports.
4. You will be comparing your search visibility for two periods. You will find all the keywords for which you have lost a significant amount of traffic. Pick the dates to compare the last two months of data. Optionally, pick the country you are interested in. Next, click the No Filters button:
5. In the General filters tab select the urls to be included in the report.
6. Go to the Clicks filters tab and select Losses only. Next, set the minimum click change to include only significant losses. Below, we used the absolute limit expressed in clicks but you can use the percentage limit (one field below) if you prefer. Do not use negative values in those fields – we have already set Losses only so the change will be negative anyways.
7. Optional. Save your filterset to be able to quickly use it in the future.
8. Hit Apply and that’s it. You will get all the keywords that recently lost a significant number of clicks. You can now see the URLs that rank for those keywords and optimize target pages. From the UI you can easily export keyword lists to xls or csv.
Click below to read why MonitLabs is better than your current rank tracker:
Here are few other examples of what is possible with our GSC integration: